Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 Happy New Year~! & 2012 Recap

Ended the year of 2012 with my boyfriend last night at a lovely restaurant. It was a wonderful meal and we rang in 2013 with a kiss; a great start if you ask me. 


The green sauce in the metal tin is to die for. My boyfriend says it tastes like the earth in a good way. I drank the rest of what we didn't use as dip. Would've licked the tin clean if we had been alone at home. My favorite dish last night hands down.


Also very good. The square block of pork on the right had tasty squash but the block of just ok meat puzzled the boyfriend and I. 

Two more dishes we had here at this point that I forgot to take pics of. One was scrapple (made using a duck egg) and the other was some kind of southern meat with mac n cheese. We were so stuffed at this point! So we asked our server to pack the mac n cheese dish for us. 


But uh, not stuffed enough to not have this awesome Sundae! The waffle is really unique..I think it's made with sesame seeds? The ice cream itself was very soft and whipped. I normally don't like ice cream all that much but wow this was some good quality stuff. The cherry was soo yummy! I can't describe it all that well but I tasted some cinnamon and perhaps some other warm spices. 


Had to take our other dessert home. We did their NYE special which included 2 desserts. Didn't try this since it's sitting in my boyfriend's refrigerator
~
2012 Recap:
Graduated and got my degree in May. Went on my first flight by myself to Dallas in June. Spent a few months in a shitty job that propelled me to think seriously about what I want my future to look like. Consequently I hustled my ass and got an amazing job offer to start in late 2013. Started this personal blog of mine. Tried (and now love) hot yoga (vinyasa yoga) for the first time. Paid off my unsubsidized student loan (yay!..now for the other ones ><). Used Mint for the first time to track my spending. Joined/created a monthly book club. Started my closet project. Spent an amazing year with my boyfriend. 

The later months of 2012 were marked by my own personal interpretation of "Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without." I think I want to continue that personal cultivation with myself. Whether or not you agree with the idea of 'New Year Resolutions' I think it's good to have goals in life; new year or not. I would like to:
  • Get more crafty and DIY. Sewing, bath making (bath bombs in particular), etc...
  • Attempt to cook regularly. I know I can cook, it's just a matter to doing it regularly...and without my mom driving me crazy in the kitchen. 
  • Take a multivitamin or something with zinc+magnesium. A good diet would eliminate the need for this, but even the best of us who eat healthy can miss out on a few key nutrients. 
  • Maintain and improve my fitness level. Start to bike when my family (hopefully) moves to a less suburban sprawled area. 
  • Share more experiences with my boyfriend: cooking, picnicking, hiking, participate in his activities as well as him participating in mine. 
  • Maintain and improve my personal finances. Continue with Mint. Spend less and smarter. Start saving up for retirement seriously.
  • Finish my closet project as much as possible. Realistically this will be an on-going project for as long as I have a closet but I want to finish documenting most of the items I have this year. Plus by other fashion related goals.
  • Seriously begin looking into Lasik surgery. Need to set up appointments/consultations. 
  • Take more pictures. Blog more.
  • Go on a cruise or short vacation with my boyfriend.
  • Get my passport by December 2013. 
& many more. I may come back and add edits to this page so it can be used as a reference for me.

Wore Sally Hansen "Golden-I" last night. Also wore it last NYE so I guess it's my tradition now. 

Bye 2012! Hello 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment