Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The gift of clear skin with Acne.org's AHA+

I've been using this product for a little over a month now (as you can see I like to date my products with a sharpie) and my skin texture and clarity has improved. Not, "I think maybe this serum/toner/cream/etc is working?" but, "Whoa, why is this post-acne red spot so light today??".


This isn't my first time using Acne.org products so I really shouldn't be so surprised. In my late high school - early college years I used their BP 2.5% Treatment for my generally mild acne and it worked very well. I stopped when I kind of grew out of the teenage zit phase. Nowadays I still get pimples but they're hormonal ones mostly located on my chin. So while I still use BP (Clean&Clear Persa-Gel 10 cause it's cheaper and I don't need as much as I used to) I really needed something to fade away post pimple redness and marks. 


For a little over $20 (depending on shipping costs, product retails online only for $16.11 for 6 oz.) I have almost a year's worth (low balling the length of time) of a nighttime moisturizer that for the past month, has been clearing away my redness, improved the look of my nose because my blackheads are no where near as visible, evening out my skin tone, and making my skin feel so crazy soft. My red post zit marks usually take MONTHS if not years to slowly fade on their own. So seeing these chin post-zit marks lighten so significantly in a month kind of blew my mind. 


I really like the texture of the lotion and how easily it spreads. My first time using it, I could definitely feel the sting of the AHA+, it's 10% glycolic acid after all. My face has since gotten used to it but if I've picked on a particular area..well it's gonna sting there. So obviously don't apply it over broken skin, especially if you popped a zit or peeled off a scab! Since using this I've also taken to use my daily spf moisturizer with more care and diligence. It can increase sun sensitivity since you know...it being an acid and exfoliating your skin and all.  

One of the best gifts I've given myself this year; my clearer skin <3!

No comments:

Post a Comment