Thursday, December 13, 2012

Spaworld Grasshopper

Spontaneity is the spice of life. Last Friday while texting my friend J she asked if I wanted to go to Spaworld. So despite being broke I said (texted), "Fuck it! I'm going to Spaworld!" And that was that. (Well not really cause I kept texting her with questions about what to bring (what a Virgo?) and how to prepare myself...she is quite the Spaworld sensei and said to just be patient lol.)

So after work we went to Spaworld together and I must say, the whole naked thing is really overblown. If you don't know Spaworld is a korean style spa/bathhouse. So there's a men's and women's area and in those segregated areas you'll see lotsa naked bodies. It's really no different than if you were at a gym. 

The poultice rooms were really fun and I found the experience overall worth it. Next time though, I'd wait for some kind of groupon instead. I'm not Spaworld master like J...she takes it to the next level. I'm actually really glad I went with my friend for the first time, otherwise I don't think I would have enjoyed myself quite as much. Also, I really have to commend them on their lockers..very very safe. I left my phone in there almost the entire time. It was great being able to lose track of time, very freeing in this day and age. 

We had two meals (food not included in admission price) there: one around 7 I think and another we finished right after they closed around midnight. There's a sit down restaurant that closes at midnight and a snack bar that closes at 2am. Both meals were at the sit down restaurant. 

1st meal: Sundubu & Kimbap (no picture of the kimbap):


2nd meal: Sundubu & Galbi

As you can tell, we really like the Sundubu. And in fact, I've spent the last couple of days daydreaming about it at work. Like my friend J says, it really is perfect winter comfort food.

In between those two meals my J also got the Mango Bubble Tea Smoothie and their Redbean Bingsoo from the snack bar. No pictures but they were quite yummy. And being so generous she shared with me ^_^. Being broke isn't so bad when you have such generous friends...(food makes me, and most people, feel very well loved and cared for). 

They also have a gym there (on the second floor). A pretty nice big one too. Get on the first machines you see and press start. Just do it. Make sure you're at peace with looking ridiculous. 

Bring whatever sort of entertainment you want! They have a big sleeping/sitting area with outlets and TVs.

I had a good time and I'm actually kind of looking forward to the next time I can go again with J and my boyfriend (I'm sure these will be separate occasions, lol). 

No comments:

Post a Comment