Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Yams yam and yammering away...

I've been enjoying the cafeteria at work and this is what I had for lunch today at $6.42

11/07/12
Lazy Apple "Salad", candied yams, green beans, Asian style green beans with mushrooms, mashed potatoes and meat loaf!

11/06/2012
Yams, salad (lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, and feta cheese), one cauliflower, green beans (Southern style and Stir Fried style), and baked chicken (mmm so tender)

You see that fork? This hungry girl had already taken a bite before deciding to snap a picture. I showed restraint today though! Considering my underdeveloped sweet tooth, these yams are perfect. Told the BF that I might've gotten sick after eating 4 pieces but whaddya know, I still got some today. Sometimes I think the people working and eating at the cafeteria must think I have issues. I always circle around a few times, coming back and trying to decide what to put inside my box. I can be soo indecisive, but its because 1. I don't want to get something or a lot of something that turns out not so tasty (I've only been to this cafeteria 4 times now), 2. I don't want to overeat and stuff myself because I feel guilty for not eating everything since this place is pay by the pound. So I guess I'm nitpicky and cheap? Yea, that sounds about right. 

Since Sunday I've been using two workout apps called VirtuaGym and DailyYoga. It looks dorky, especially the first one, but they're seriously kicking my ass. I know part of the reason is because of my lack of physical activity for the past 6 months (yes I am ashamed) and the fact that I was never really that physically fit to begin with. Having said that, these apps are still pretty good if you can't be bothered to pay and/or drive to a gym. I feel like I can actually keep up a workout routine with these apps. They hold me accountable for my physical health and I can't make excuses about not having the time or money to do it. The really hilarious bit about VirtuaGym is the avatar they use to walk you through the workouts. British accent (UK developed app I think?) and says things like, "You will turn heads" and so on in a very robotic voice. You can turn this feature off though. As cheesy as it sounds I really like it and it makes me enjoy my workout more. 

Which leads me to this: the Samsung Galaxy 3 is the best thing since sliced bread. It's amazing. And I only have one tiny gripe. The gallery is kind of a pain to use and I don't like how it's set up at all. Hopefully this is just something I'll need time to adjust to...otherwise I need to figure something else out. On the first generation SG1 you could go to each individual picture and send the picture, upload it, crop it, etc. I wish I had that back. Oh well, it's otherwise the best phone ever. So good it prevented the BF from converting to Apple! Yesss!! SG3 couple! xD

And lastly a round of hurrahs because...no more annoying presidential campaign commercials! 


No comments:

Post a Comment